From 20,000 feet

Still can't get this site to work for me, here's a link!

Comments

  1. Good post! I found it extremely relatable given that I admittedly read ahead...but those were also my reactions after finishing the book. I love Ma so much and thought she was amazing. I also thought the use of having Jack narrate was extremely creative and made the book more pg than it otherwise would have been.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was also amazed with Ma as I read Room. Though she's "gone" some days, she's spent every other second the past 5 years with Jack. Ma is extremely patient and does a good job raising Jack, even given her suboptimal situation. Even after their escape, Ma spends most of her time caring for Jack. She's able to hide her pain and stress so well from Jack, which I think is extremely heroic.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Music as Myth in _O Brother, Where Art Thou?_, or how this movie ruined my childhood.

Odysseus is a charming man.